Abdominal workouts are important in the development of 6 pack abs, but the abs diet is crucial. The abs are only as strong as their weakest link. And in this case, I’m speaking of the abs diet.
Ab exercises is a requirement, but a low body fat level is a necessity in order to reveal the abs in all their majesty. The best 6 pack abs in the world are all but invisible when there is a heavy layer of belly fat on top of them.
As much as it pains me to say, you could do all the reps you wanted, but if you never made a committed attempt to get lean you’d still be ab-less.
As far as the abs diet tips are concerned, everyone’s got their own theory and many even make some sense. But the only one I’ve come across recently that’s given me some measurable results is the Meal Plan 101.
I know it sounds like another one of those hyped-up, overblown snow jobs, but believe me, it really works.
If you’re at your wit’s end about what to do about eating habits, the book Meal Plan 101 by Jason Hunter should shed some light on more than a few key issues. You’ve got nothing to lose but belly fat!
If your abs diet isn’t a problem and you’re a lean machine, stay on course and keep doing what comes naturally. But if you are struggling with unwanted fat, read thru the abs diet tips and try to apply them to your everyday routine.
The 10 Best Abs Diet Tips.
1. Drink Plenty Of Water. Cut out any other beverages like soft drinks and fruit juices. This change alone could lose you as much as 1 pound of fat a week. Try drinking 6 to 8 glass ( About 8 cups=2 liters) a day. OK, you can have your coffee or tea in the morning but try taking it black or take it with just 0% milk no cream or sugar.
2. Cut Down The Bad Carbs. You should eliminate foods such as white bread, potatoes, yams, pasta and white rice as these foods are calorie dense. Replace them with brown rice and whole wheat bread.
3. Eat breakfast. It’s true, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Studies show that people who eat breakfast are more successful with weight loss and long-term weight maintenance(keeping the weight off). Breakfast kicks start your metabolism in the morning. Have a low fat yogurt, piece of fruit or a bowl of Special K with low-fat milk, it doesn’t have to be fancy or big to have room in the abs diet.
4. Low Fat Lunch. Low-fat water based soups are a good idea as a snack. Eat it with a salad and you have a filling, low-calorie lunch.
5. Start Meals With Salads. Salad can help you eat fewer calories at a meal by providing some bulk. Order the dressing on the side but don’t pour the entire cup on the salad. Instead, dip your fork in the dressing and then in the salad. Same tasteless calories.
6. Avoid Fad Diets. Those “lose 10 pounds in 7 days” starvation diets do more harm than good. And are definitely not how to lose belly fat. They actually slow down your metabolism, and when you start eating again, you gain weight faster and a lot more than you lost. So stick with well thought out meal plans.
7. Eat Smaller Meals More Often. Eating 2-3 big meals a day will leave you sluggish and do nothing but slow down your metabolism. Eating 5-6 smaller meals will keep you energized throughout the day and speed up your metabolism which in turn will promote fat loss.
8. Don’t Forget the Fiber. Fibre should be a part of the abs diet as it helps improve digestion, it’s like a sponge, it can absorb dietary fat and helps eliminate it naturally before it can be absorbed by the body. Not to mention it keeps you regular which eliminates bloating.
9. Eat More Vegetables. Snack with vegetables, they will fill you up without a lot of calories. Just don’t dip them in that high fat, high-calorie dips, and dressings.
10. Cheat Meal Night. One night a week have whatever you’ve been craving that week. By not completely shutting out the food you love, you will be more motivated to keep up the healthy abs diet all week.
Want a nutrition plan that is easy to follow? Our Eating For Abs nutrition plan is just that.
A Nutrition Plan and not a Diet!
The difference is it is based on the science of the Glycemic Index which means you won’t have to starve yourself or constantly be counting carbs.
It also means that you will eat real foods and you probably won’t have to change your diet that much.
The Eating For Abs is yours for FREE as a bonus when you order our NEW Ultimate Belly fat Burning Guide To Six Pack Abs!
Here are some more foods to avoid in your quest for The Abs Diet